The main trailer for Far Cry 5 has been discharged, alongside affirmation that the diversion dispatches on February 27 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Set in the anecdotal town of Hope County, Montana, Far Cry 5 gives players a chance to make their own character, a lesser representative, and after that embarked to bring down the religious faction Eden’s Gate. You’re upheld on your trip by Pastor Jerome, an African American minister who has lost his rush to the religion; Mary May, a barkeep with an affinity for combustible mixed drinks; and Nick Rye, a pilot who needs to make a superior future for his kid.
Here are some other things to know about Far Cry 5:
- It’s the first Far Cry game set in America.
- It’s also playable on PS4 Pro and Project Scorpio.
- You can play the entire story solo or in two-player co-op.
- You can fly planes and take part in aerial dogfights.
- Vehicles include American muscle cars, ATVs, boats, and big rigs.
- Weapons include guns, grenades, sledgehammers, and baseball bats.
- You can recruit other people to fight for you.
- You can also recruit animals like bears and cougars.
- There is a map editor that will have “new features that add a new dimension to the content created by fans.”
- PS4 players are getting a free Far Cry 5 skin pack at launch.
- Ubisoft Montreal is leading development, with support from Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Kiev, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Reflections.
“As the new junior deputy of fictional Hope County, Montana, players will find that their arrival accelerates a years-long silent coup by a fanatical doomsday cult, the Project at Eden’s Gate, igniting a violent takeover of the county,” Ubisoft explains in a press release. “Caught off guard and drawn into a power struggle, players must disrupt the carefully laid plans of the Project at Eden’s Gate, and fan the fires of resistance to help liberate the Hope County community and themselves.
“Under siege and cut off from the rest of the world, players will join forces with residents of Hope County and form the Resistance. The fight against the cult will take players to unique locations throughout Hope County that provide different gameplay experiences,” it continues.
“During their journey, players can fly planes to engage cult forces in aerial dogfights across Big Sky Country. While tracking down cult members and gathering resources for survival across farmland, forests, mountains and rivers, players can get behind the wheel of iconic American muscle cars, big rigs, ATVs and boats. Vehicles also provide refuge when under attack by animals or as a way to quickly escape when things don’t go as planned.”
As the trailer shows, you can hire dogs to distract enemies and pick up weapons for you. Additionally, you can fly planes and perform bombing runs, while throwable weapons like pitchforks are part of the game, too, which sounds pretty cool.